For long picochess can deal with a not connected board or clock for example in middle of playing or at beginning. But i wasnt too happy with the result from v0.75 onwards. Especially if the time is running and you lost the connection the display was flicking before. Now i changed it abit and i think its better. Even picochess deals now better with these situations please try to not pull out the cable or turn off the dgt hardware in middle of operation 😉 Thats the main focus of this release but as always i also did more:
- armv6 engines – for RaspberryPi Zero basically i copied the standard armv7 engines to the armv6 system of zero’s. If you use such a zero you now have more engines to choose between
- engine elo – you can now setup the engine’s elo on the engine.uci file which makes it alot easier to include new engines and showing the correct elo rating in pgn file or at webserver.
- arasan 20.3.0 – Updated to the official version. On picochess v0.9j i already included this engine – but it was not the official version that time
- vajolet 2.4 – a new star on the engine land 🙂 Its now part of the engines list, even its not on top8 (for easy queen choose). vajolet is very strong, sadly doesnt have levels.
- setpieces (speak) – Wilhelm came up with a wish that he wants the last move be spoken again in case the clock displays a “set pieces”. This wasnt hard to do and i think its an useful feature so i implemented it in short time. Dear users, if you read this: please provide your wishes what you want from picochess. I have always an open mind to listen user use cases. I cant promise to fulfill all, but im trying 😉
- rodent III esp. Tal – another update of this special engine. There is now also a nice persona inside called “Tal” the former chess world champion. Tal is very well known for his attacking style. This persona tries to play like him. I think, its very enjoyful to play against.
- documentation updates and more