This version is mainly made for the august 2019 leaving people of my club. Here are the things i did:
- If time is <1min on one side the former picochess stops voices completely. This is done cause y probably move very fast (say <1sec) and the voice often falls behind the quick movements on board. With this version it will now speak “ok” so people would get a (short!) feedback -> i realized alot of people would feel strange and looking for an error if its totally silent. This should be better now.
- Bugfix on uci960 with newer python-chess versions. This shouldn’t happen to y – only if y updated yr python-chess on yr own before – but safe is safe -> so its prepared for the future. And hey, please don’t update any libs yrsf. Take the ones from “requirements.txt”
- There is a new flag “pgn_site” where y can setup your city for pgn files yrsf. If not set, it tries to get it from yr IP-adr (as before), but that isn’t that exact.
- More engines get an ELO-value for pgn-files or webserver
- new engine versions (arasan, stockfish, RodentIII)
- at startup without a connected eBoard the messages were running too quickly. I reduced the rate and now it should be more in sync with the hardware
- bugfix on “counter” menu. Before it returned to the time showing display if clock wasnt stopped before.
- new flag “clock-speed” where y can define how quick/slow the messages should be displayed (its mainly “slowdown them” cause quicker doesn’t make alot of sense)
- renamed alot of “voice” flags. If y are using them in yr picochess.ini please update them by hand – or alot easier: go inside the menu and set them again.